No items in your cart.See all products
Why A Diet Rich In Polyphenols Is Good For You
There’s no denying that plant-based diets are good for us. Food writer Michael Pollan’s simple guidance to “Eat Food, Not Too Much, Mostly Plants” has become common sense advice. So, what makes plants so special? Of course they contain a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. But they also boast another class of nutrients called phytonutrients, of which a large percentage is known as polyphenols.
There are over 8,000 identified polyphenols found in fruits, veggies, seeds, beans, spices & herbs and in everything from wine and turmeric to grape seeds and olive oil. Polyphenol is an umbrella term that includes nutrients such as flavonoids, anthocyanins, catechins, lignans and many others. Polyphenols give plants color. They give them their flavor and aroma. And although they have their differences, polyphenols have much in common too. One thing’s for sure: we feel better and are healthier when we eat them!
HERE’S SOME TOP REASONS WHY POLYPHENOLS ARE SO GOOD FOR YOU:
1. Polyphenols are antioxidants. Think of them as protectors that avert oxidative damage inside your cells — kind of like preventing your body from rusting on the inside.
2. Polyphenols take on inflammation (and win!). Inflammation can cause damage to all kinds of cells throughout your body and underlies many forms of disease.
3. Polyphenols help your heart. Much research has identified polyphenols’ role in balancing cholesterol and blood pressure, and strengthening your vessels and your heart itself.
4. Polyphenols are brain boosters. As we age, our brains age too. Certain polyphenols can help offset this and support healthy memory and cognition.
5. Polyphenols support our skin. Our skin is prone to UV light harm and rapid aging. Plant-based chemicals can fight the free radicals that lead to damage.
6. Polyphenols boost our healthy flora. The healthy microorganisms inside our gastrointestinal system play a very important role in our overall state of health.
No wonder why everyone agrees that fruits, vegetables, herbs & spices should be the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. Along with diet, the right polyphenol containing supplements can also assist you with your health goals. Here at Synergy, we’re on a mission to capture nature’s wisdom with our organic, plant-based supplements and extracts.
Learn more about our polyphenol-rich, organic SuperPure® extracts for optimal health.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Here are some reasons composting is a win-win scenario for us and for the environment.
In 1972, the founder of PURE SYNERGY®, Mitchell May, was involved in a near-fatal automobile accident…