Health Benefits of Carrot Juice Powder
Health Benefits of Carrot Juice Powder
Carrots are among the most popular of the root veggies. They’re sweet and crunchy eaten raw, just begging to be dipped. They’re also a favorite in hearty soups and stews, and their natural sugars shine even more when roasted or sauteed.
Carrots are rich in several nutrients, including pro vitamin A (beta carotene), vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K1, and potassium. They are also a good source of fiber and antioxidants.
When carrots are juiced, the result is a concentrated source of nutrients and magnified health benefits. Even better? Carrot juice powder is a convenient way to reap the benefits of juice without the mess or expense. Get the full scoop below!
Health Benefits of Carrot Juice
- Eye Health: Vitamin A is essential to eye health. Beta carotene is linked to a decreased risk of blindness and age-related eye diseases. Furthermore, carrot juice also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that shield your eyes from damaging light – like natural UV protection for your eyes!
- Immune Health: The vitamin A and C content in carrot juice helps to protect immune cells from free radical damage. In addition, the vitamin B6 is necessary for an optimal immune response, and carrot juice is a good source.
- Skin Health: The vitamin C in carrot juice supports collagen production, which is essential to skin’s elasticity and strength. Vitamin C also acts as an antioxidant which helps protect your skin from free radical damage due to exposure to sun, pollution, and other toxins. The beta carotene in carrot juice may also help protect the skin from ultraviolet (UV) damage.
- Cardiovascular Health: Carrot juice may help reduce risk factors for heart disease. It is a good source of potassium, which is needed for proper blood pressure regulation, and its antioxidant content is also linked to heart health.
- Liver Health: A growing body of research suggests that the antioxidant effects of the carotenoids in carrot juice and the fact that it can supports a healthy inflammatory response can help protect against non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. This condition occurs when fat accumulates on the liver, leading to scarring and permanent damage.
What is the Best Source of Carrot Juice?
You can make your own carrot juice at home. However, juicing can be messy, time consuming, and expensive (it takes a lot of carrots to make a glass!).
Our Organic Carrot Juice Powder is a convenient way to enjoy the health benefits of carrot juice without the costs and mess of juicing. It is cold-juiced and low-temperature dried for potency and is also certified organic, non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, and kosher. We manage to pack nine pounds of carrots into one pound of our Organic Carrot Juice Powder!
Carrot Juice FAQs
The health benefits of carrot juice powder are clear, so if you’re ready to sip a glass, here’s what you should know:
Can you drink too much?
Drinking very large amounts of carrot juice (we’re talking more than a gallon a day – or numerous servings of our powder each day) may lead to carotenemia, a condition that turns your skin yellow-orange as a result of high blood levels of beta carotene.
The condition is not harmful, but not something most of us want to experience! It isn’t common, and simply removing carrot juice powder and other sources of beta carotene from your diet for a brief period of time typically resolves the issue.
Should anyone avoid it?
While carrot juice is perfectly safe for most people, there are a few populations who may want to use caution:
- Pregnant women, kids, elderly, immunocompromised: Some carrot juices are freshly prepared and have not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. This presents a risk for food poisoning and complications. Fortunately, our Organic Carrot Juice Powder is cold-juiced then low-temperature dried which both retains nutrient content and makes it perfectly safe for these populations to enjoy the benefits of carrot juice!
- Diabetics or those with compromised blood sugar control: Carrot juice does have a lower glycemic index than many juices. However, it still has less fiber and more natural sugars than whole carrots. Its sugars are also absorbed more quickly into the bloodstream due to the low fiber content which can cause a spike in blood sugar, especially if consumed on its own without any other fiber, protein, or fat. Fortunately, our Organic Carrot Juice Powder has only 2 grams of sugar per serving, making it a wonderful option for those with blood sugar management concerns to enjoy!
What’s the best way to drink carrot juice?
Carrot juice can be consumed on its own, just like any other juice. It tends to taste best cold. Because of its light sweetness, carrot juice is also delicious mixed with other juices, including more bitter green varieties like kale and spinach and earthy options like beet.
Our Organic Carrot Juice Powder has a lightly sweet flavor that mixes well into both refreshing smoothies and savory snacks. Try some of our favorite carrot juice powder recipes and reap all the wonderful benefits for your eyes, skin, heart, liver, and immune system!